Computer programing is the backbone of designing or performing a specific computer task. Computer programing has become an essential part of this technological era. For the last couple of decades, this process evolved a lot. Today, there are ample opportunities and scopes for computer programmers. Every industry is depending on a proper programmer for the execution of work.
Computer programing requires skills in coding and creativity. Programmers use several platforms to execute their codes. There are various types of tasks for an industry that requires coding.
In today’s era, any manufacturing industry also uses the automation process, and they are continuously developing. Programmers have lots of scopes to show their creativity and execute their idea in these types of fields. Till today the world has seen several efficient programmers.
In this article, we shall discuss the greatest and famous programmers of all time. We shall also see the qualities that made the greatest.
Qualities of a great programmer
Great programmers are always known for their skills in coding. Apart from this, there are lots of conditions that are special. That is the thing that differentiates among a good programmer and the best programmer.
- Positive attitude: A great programmer always ensures the best result. Therefore, it is essential to maintain a positive attitude. Programming is such a thing that makes anyone frustrated. It involved frequent correction, algorithm setup, trial and error, and much more. It is essential to hold a positive attitude. A great programmer does not let their ego and frustration get in the way.
- Excellent communication skills: Programming involves continuous learning and upgrading skills. A great programmer is always reliable and has strong work ethics. First, they understand the task correctly; then, they communicate with the client for time and required liabilities. They also deal with the feedbacks and take decisions from this.
- Quick learning ability: Programmers are amazing self-learners. They try to create new things. They always try to find shortcuts to execute a particular situation. They understand the problem faster than others and finds the solution.
- Broad technical knowledge: Programmers have to give solutions for complex problems. This requires a depth of expertise in a particular field. Having a grip on the topic is very important.
- Good team worker: Great programmers are always good to team players. They can handle a team by guiding them. They always ensure the best result from their side.
There were only a few people in the world who had all these qualities. These qualities only made them famous programmers.
Top programmers of all time
Computer in a complex machine. People can interact with its graphical interface. The central processing of the background is kept hidden. Only the brilliant mindsets can understand the details of the background process and its coding.
In this era, computer programmers are changing the world by developing existing programs. Here is the list of some famous programmers.
- Dennis Ritchie: Dennis was a computer scientist. He shaped and pioneered the digital era. He created the most common used language that is the C programming language. Based on C programming, there are several languages and technical platforms. C programs are used in embedded systems, operating systems, software application, and much more. It also influenced several computer languages of this era. Dennis also created UNIX operating system along with their team members. He received several awards since 1983. He influenced the technical advancement of the world and became an inspiration for the programmers.
- Linus Torvalds: Linus is a software engineer. He developed the principle driving force for the development of the Linux kernel. Later on, he became the chief architect of Linux Kernel. He is presently the project coordinator. He received the Millennium technology prize in 2012. His operating system spread widely. Most importantly, it is an open-source OS.
- Bjarne Stroustrup: Bjarne Stroustrup is a computer scientist from Denmark. He is a professor of the College of Engineering Chair in computer science at Texas A&M University. He created one of the most popular programming languages called C++. Based on C++, there are several modern languages such as python, ruby, and much more. He evolved the C++ language and used it for designing purposes and much more.
- Timothy John: Timothy John or Tim is a computer scientist from Britain. He proposed the most used platform that is the World Wide Web. The established a successful communication between hypertext transfer protocol client and the server by using the internet. He created this in 1989, and today it is the backbone of our daily life. He is the holder of the founder chair of MIT computer science and AI laboratory.
- Guido Van Rossum: Guido Van Rossum is a computer programmer from Denmark who created python programing language. It is widely used today. He developed python language while he was working with google. He created a code review system, Mondrian that is used by Google. After working seven years on google, he is now working in Dropbox.
- James Arthur Gosling: James is a computer scientist and an officer of order in Canada. He performed several coding and finally created a masterpiece that is JAVA programming language. He created JAVA in 1994, and soon it became famous. It is an object-oriented programing language that is used by students even today.
- Bill Gates: Bill gates if one of the most famous programmers in the world. He is an American businessman, computer programmer, PC pioneer, philanthropist, and investor. He is known for his creation, that is Microsoft. He is the current chairman of Microsoft. He is known as one of the best entrepreneurs in the world. His production is leading in the market since the last decade.
Several famous programmers in the world created many useful platforms. All these platforms are used even today. Certain evolutions modifications have taken place on these platforms.
These famous programmers and coders have put a benchmark for today’s programmers and upcoming programmers. They made the technological world even more accessible. Day by day, it is developing more.