A programming language is a set of rules for performing algorithms in computing devices. There are two types of programming languages- (i) Low-Level Language and (ii) High-Level Language. Low-Level Language can further be categorized into two-(i) Machine Language (1GL) and (ii) Assembly Language(2GL). Low-Level Language is easier to understand by computer. High-Level Language is of three types-(i) Procedural-Oriented Language (3GL), (ii) Problem-Oriented language (4GL) and (iii) Natural language (5GL). High-Level Language is like human language and vocabulary. It is easier to learn by human beings. There are several languages for developing a mobile app.
- Java: Java is the most essential, highly enrolled, and prominent app for coding. It is used for developing android app, back-end web frameworks, and for developing desktop applications. Java uses JVM, which functions fluently in every system. Java provides engineers with fluent and error-less mobile app development.
- PHP: Zend Technologies developed PHP in 1995, which is a server-side scripting language. One can create all types of mobile applications, web applications, and dynamic websites can by using PHP. Many other uses of PHP include- creating Facebook apps, GUI, PDFs, image processing, and content management systems.
- Python: Various business organizations and other enterprises prefer Python as a programming language as it offers a better experience by users and better results. The primary, natural, and unmistakable syntax of Python, corresponding English, has placed it as among ten best programming languages.
- C++: C++ inherited its syntax from C. It helps to develop cross-platform mobile apps with its special debugging characteristics. C++ has more ability than to create mobile apps. It can aid in creating operating systems and complex applications like creating Google Chrome, Paypal, Photoshop.
- Objective-C: It is a programming language used for general purposes. Objective-C is a variation of C programming. Before Swift was developed, Apple used it for developing OS X and iOS. Objective-C allows one to create every kind of application, as many apps rely on the frameworks provided by Objective-C.
- jQuery: One can diminish many issues related to cross-browser java-script using jQuery. The friendly format of the syntax of jQuery helps the users to navigate the document freely and conveniently. It also aids in to choose the right elements in DOM or Document Objective Model, to make Ajax applications, to manage events, and to create animations.
- SQL: The full form of SQL is Structured Query Language. Structured Query Language is a domain-specific language intended for designing stream processing in RDBMS. The SQL database is a standard database that is also adopted by ISO and ANSI. In SQL, one does not need to write ample amounts of code to organize a database system.
- GoLang: Go, or GoLang is a programming language developed by Google. The special features include multithreading which is the reason why organizations that depend on distributed systems use GoLang. GoLang comes with an inclusive quotidian library. There are various inbuilt features and functions useful for simple primitive programs. But for complex ones, it creates some problems as it does not come with a virtual machine.
- C#: C# or C Sharp is a multi-paradigm and object-oriented programming language. One can create almost everything using C#, like gaming, mobile apps, web services, and server applications.
This is not a comprehensive list. There are several other programming languages such as Swift, R, Corona, Lua, Rust, ObjectPascal, Ruby, QML, Perl, ActionScript, Scratch, Boo, Scheme and so on.